What are Annual Allocations to Student Groups?
- AFRC funds used to solidify funding for programs and activities happening during the next academic year.
- Organizations requesting an annual operating budget allocation from AFRC must:
- Have consistent programming and a documented budget history going back at least three years. (Funding of activities during this period are usually reflected in past Assistance to Student Groups awards.)
- Anticipate needing more than $1,000 in funding assistance for the next academic year.
- Be willing to invest a great deal of time, energy, and preparation in long-range program planning, the budget request process, and ongoing budget management.
Annually funded group will be assigned an AFRC representative to work with them on their request. They will also be send a budget template document to compelte. Groups should follow the instrutions in this template and work with their AFRC representative to create their request prior to the annual deadline.
Groups will then be invited to meet with the committee during the committee's annual budget hearing meeting to discuss their request. Following this meeting the groups will be contacted by the AFRC chair with their allocation for the following year. Groups should then adjust their budget to balance with this allocation.